Background Template

Monday, November 14, 2011

Book List

Please note that I have added a list of suggested books on the right-hand sidebar (underneath "Coming Up Next on AIW") for the host to consider as she chooses a book for her month.  Please send me more suggestions!!!

Also, something else we should probably consider...a couple of times a year choosing a book is either going to be unfair or easy, depending on how you want to look at it.  For example, Shadow of Night (2nd book in All Soul's Trilogy) is coming out on July 10th of next year.  Therefore, (and this is just a guess), I am surmising we will want to discuss SON in August of next year.  Whomever volunteers to host that month either has a really easy decision or is going to over-ruled by a bunch of crazies who will need to discuss it.  Of course, maybe we will be holding our 2nd Annual Lodge Retreat that month, in which case we could just count it as a "group host" or something.  But, I am sure there are going to be other times when this happens. 

Oh!  For example, the third book in the "Kingkiller Chronicles" is expected to come out in May of next year, so if anyone wanted to discuss that book, we would be looking at June.  Obviously, I am hosting twice in the beginning of the year, so I don't get a say in what we read for June...  Does somebody who wants to discuss that book want to host that month???  Or, maybe whomever volunteers to host that month wants to trade a choosing month with me - they can choose March's book in exchange for me getting to choose June???  Or, maybe no one other than my mom and I liked this and we shouldn't have it as a discussion book for the coming year.

Anyway, my point was that there are going to be times like that every year, so I just wanted to point it out as one challenge to overcome with the new system.

Thanks!
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I would love to do another weekend at the Lodge in August of next year (if Linda will allow us to invade again since it was SO MUCH FUN). I think it would be a good time to discuss SON since we all seem to love the first one so much.

    I will also volunteer to host June, since I haven't hosted in a long time. I would enjoy reading the next Kingkiller Chronicales so that will be my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, Jenny! Thanks! And I will put you down for June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I found out that his series is a trilogy, so "The Doors of Stone" is apparently the last book in the trilogy - surprisingly, to me! I thought for sure it was going to be at least four books. Well, I guess this is better - the end is in sight!

    ReplyDelete