Hey guys,
We had a fun discussion, as always, at Heather's house on Saturday night! We had a new addition; my neighbor, Angela, joined our discussion and may hopefully come again next month??? But, we did miss a lot of you, and hope you were having fun wherever you were (Chicago, Richland Center, Antigua!). If you get a chance to read "Name of the Wind" I think most of us liked it, although we agreed it does move pretty slow. The next book in the series is out "The Wise Man's Fear" and although we don't have plans to discuss that book, we may want to read the third book in the series ("The Doors of Stone") together next summer???
For our next discussion we agreed to read, "Crossed" by Ally Condie. This book doesn't actually come out until November 1st and our discussion is on November 11th (at Wendy's house at 7:30pm) - at our Lodge weekend I am fairly certain we had all agreed that we could churn that out, but just want to double-check that no one is majorly stressed by this idea. "Matched" was a pretty quick, light read, so hopefully the same will be true for "Crossed". Let me know asap if you don't think this is a good idea. Otherwise, I will e-mail everyone on November 1st, when "Diana" purchases "Crossed" for the Kindle.
Finally, is anyone else having trouble leaving comments on the blog? I am! Please let me know via e-mail if you have had problems, so I can try and get it fixed, otherwise I will assume it has something to do with my account not working properly. Grrrr....
Oh yeah...I should also mention the lively discussion we had about going to Scotland (and maybe England) in the Summer of 2013. Start saving your money, we are making plans!!!
Can't wait till next time!
Kelly
Kelly
Future Discussions:
November 11th at 7:30pm - Wendy's house, "Crossed" by Ally Condie
December 10th at 7:30pm - Jeannie's house, Christmas Book Exchange
January 12th at 7:30pm - Jen Stilling's house, Book TBD
February 10th at 7:30pm - Kelly's house, Book TBD
March 9th at 7:30pm - Kelly's house again, please???, Book TBD (4-year book club anniversary!)
April 13th at 7:30pm - Location TBD, Book TBD
I had lots of fun on Saturday & enjoyed meeting you! Thanks, Kelly, for inviting me! I will definitely be back & I'm also happy to host the April meeting;)
ReplyDeleteTesting, testing, 1, 2, 3.
ReplyDelete