Background Template

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Updates and Reminders

Is everyone aware of the upcoming date change? July's discussion will now be held on July 20th rather than on July 13th. The reason for this change is because "Shadow of Night" will be coming out on July 10th and there were many of us who admitted that we would not be waiting till August to read the book, and therefore might accidentally discuss it at our July gathering. So, because there are some who understandably did not think they could finish the book by July 13th, but didn't want to be left out of the conversation, we wanted to give everyone an extra week to finish the book. Therefore, we will be meeting at Heather's house on the 20th at 7:30pm and discussing "Shadow of Night" by Deborah Harkness. "Diana" is set to auto-purchase the book on July 10th.

In regards to Diana's auto-purchase, please see the additional post "Diana's Rules". Hopefully, this will help alleviate the problems we had with Miss Peregrine. If you have any problems getting SoN, please let me know right away and we will either find a way to fix the problem or purchase a second copy of the book under another account.

Next, don't forget - Deb Harkness is coming to the B&N at Mayfair on Tuesday, July 24th, just two weeks after her book comes out! And, we will have already read and discussed it, so it should be very interesting to go and hear her speak and potentially ask her questions. Save the date!!!  And, watch for more details, hopefully coming soon!

Finally, our August discussion will be held at The Lodge on August 17th through the 19th. We will now be discussing "Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson, which was Heather's pick for July, but has now been switched to August.  If you need the book, please contact Heather.

Since it looks like I can finally get to this site from my laptop I will try and update all of the info. on the sidebars to be more accurate. So, feel free to check back for more updates. Also, please make comments - it helps to know everyone got this message!

Happy Reading!
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. All sounds great to me. Only 19 more days till Shadow...YIPPIE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...am I a geek, because I'll probably still buy the hardcover of SoN so she can sign it on the 24th???:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly for all you do help us. I will be purchasing a book the night of the signing. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also will be purchasing the book at the signing...but, we want to own a Kindle version, too, no??? I like to own the book, but read on the Kindle! Tell me if you disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For sure! I'll probably buy mine ahead of time. Do you think that could cut wait time down for lines & such the night of? Not sure how this all works!;)

    ReplyDelete