Background Template

Monday, August 12, 2013

Lodge Retreat


This year's notes from our Lodge Retreat are as scattered as my brain cells are.  So, here is a list of things I wrote down to remember, but may not remember why I wrote them down:
  • Shows to watch:
    • Big Bang Theory
    • Shield
    • Broadchurch (BBC America)
    • Orphan Black (BBC)
    • Luther (BBC America)
    • Scandal
    • Orange is the New Black
  • Movies to see:
    • Shaun of the Dead
  • Way Way Back Books to read:
    • Interred with Their Bones (per Heather, I believe?)
    • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Septembers book pick)
  • Things to try:
    • Woodman's allergy aisle
    • iPhone App for runners that involves Zombies???  (Clarification needed on this one.)
    • Couch to 5k
    • Jen Stilling's granola bar recipe (could you please e-mail that to all of us?)
    • Jen Stilling's egg replacement (1 Tbsp flaxseed oil and 3 Tbsp water for one egg)
  • Things to know:
    • An iTouch is not a cell phone.  News to me!!!
  • Things to remember:
    • Elderberry/St. Germain drink = Elder Wand drink until you get too giggly, then it is called "Deathstick".  (Wendy, could you e-mail us the recipe for this drink, please?)
    • Lying all together on blankets and gazing at stars not only makes for a good bonding experience, it also makes for lots of laughter and ridiculousness.
    • The game Pandemic takes 1 hour to lose and over 2 hours to win.
    • Jeannie's new nickname - 2M2L (Two Minutes Too Late)
    • Wendy's awesome Wanton Soup and Stir Fry.  Better than a restaurant.  I will be dreaming of it for a long time to come.
To add to this list, all you have to do is sign in at the top of this website, go to "posts" click on "edit" underneath the "Lodge Retreat" post, and Voila! you are good to go.  I would love it if you added your own thoughts!  Just send us all an e-mail to let us know you did!  You can also create your own post by choosing "New Post".  Either way, I think it's awesome we have this history of our book club, since I expect us to still be together in 40 years when we have our own wing at the nursing home (or in heaven together watching the rest of us in the nursing home).

Quot libros, quam breve tempus!
Too many books, so little time!



5 comments:

  1. This is just too funny...I think it's wonton soup Kel.

    "Wanton": Adj: deliberate or unprovoked. Noun: A sexually immodest or promiscuous woman. It could be Wanton soup, if you had it after the St. Germaines!

    Linda and I measured out the recipe as:
    1 3/4 cup Sparkling Champagne (Brut)
    1 can of Sparkling water (we used a lemon flavored one)
    3/4 cup of St. Germaine's liquor

    My co-worker bought hers at the Elm Grove Liquor store, and they had a package deal (for $33 they gave her the liquor and the measuring carafe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zombie running app for iPhone is called, "Zombies, Run!" Apparently, you need to run faster when you hear them wheezing at you, otherwise, you are dead (it can tell by how fast you're running with your phone).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I totally know how to spell Wonton Soup...brain glitch, yikes! I am tempted to go and change it because I HATE it when I spell things wrong, but I will leave it, because your reply is so hilarious!

    Thanks for the recipe and clarifying about the Zombies, Run! App.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know... maybe kelly was immodest about the way she felt after eating the soup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is so funny. I think after the St Germaine, if we had read that post about wanton, we would have killed ourselves laughing.

    ReplyDelete